Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Friends Made Through Challenges

I forgot to mention a little milestone yesterday.  Joshua reached 34 weeks gestational age.  We're getting closer to that due date (target NICU discharge date)!  He's getting bigger.  James just called in and found out his weight tonight is 3 lbs 11 oz (1675 g).  He has gained 60 grams since last night, really packing it on.  Another biggie is they stopped his antibiotics today.  Word on the street is if he continues to tolerate the increased feeds, they may remove his PICC line on Thursday.  Oh, and they took out the IV from his forehead.  Surprisingly, my initial reaction was not relief but disappointment because I know they'll have to start another IV to replace it before the PICC line is out.  :(  I know it's not that big of a deal, but I hate to see him go through any of those painful procedures, as minor as they may be.

I just want to give a shout out to my new friend Amanda (Berry) Robertson.  We are both from Cambridge, MN, and I heard about her because her family goes to my sister Heidi's church.  We were on bedrest at the same time, and she had her baby less than a week before I did.  Her little Melia was born at 26 and 4/7 weeks.  I absolutely love following Amanda's blog (if the link doesn't work, go to caringbridge.org and search babygirlrobertson).  Our situations are unique, but there are so many similarities between what we are going through, right down to their weights (Melia is 3 lbs 9 oz today).  It's so amazing to see how God is working in all of our lives through these little miracle babies.  We have never met in person before, but I feel like we have a special bond going through this together.  If you have extra prayers in your heart, please keep the Robertson family in mind. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment