Friday, February 24, 2012

A Regular Good Day

I'm home again, settled in on the couch after another good report today.  Writing this blog, I'm running out of creative ways to say "the blood flow looks good."  Not that I'm complaining!  The baby was moving like crazy, so the tech had a hard time even getting a good reading on the dopplers.  That's a great problem to have.  Today she was telling us about her other cases, that when the blood flow is really bad, the baby is just still and listless.  This has definitely not been the case for our little Pele.  Or should I say Richard Simmons?  No, definitely someone more macho than Richard Simmons, but I sometimes wonder if he is doing Sweating to the Oldies in there, especially when he keeps both James and me up at night with all his kicking.  I love that! 

On another note...years ago, I wrote a story with a play by play of my first Ironman, including a little ditty about certain bodily functions. I think other triathletes appreciated it, but my mom was so embarrassed because it was TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Now, out of love and respect for my mom, I'm going to avoid any unnecessary details. But I can't resist sharing this story. Let's just say when you're lying down all day every day, certain things stop moving like they used to. That's where Miralax comes to the rescue. FYI, it's completely tasteless, so you can put it in any drink without realizing it's in there. Good stuff! Well, the other night, I noticed James kept making several trips to the bathroom, but I didn't think much of it. He wasn't looking too comfortable. Finally, it hit me that I never finished my water bottle full of Miralax, and I didn't know what happened to it. I asked James if he knew where it went, and the mystery was solved when he admitted he chugged it down after his workout, not knowing what was in it. I'm sorry to make yet another reference to the movie Dumb and Dumber, but if you're a fan, you know the scene I'm thinking of right now. Don't I have such a nice, selfless husband, willing to give me comic relief at any moment!  Ha ha!  Ya gotta love 'em!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is continuing to look good. Love the story about James. I'll never look at his pictures without chuckling.
    Catherine Hendrickson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to hear that our little boy is doing well. And each day is such a blessing, as he continues to grow. We did laugh at the Miralax story (sorry, James . . .) But if we can't laugh, we're in trouble! Linda and Steve

      Delete