Sunday, February 5, 2012

Meditations From the Mountains

Since we moved to beautiful Colorado in July 2010, one of my favorite things is our spectacular view of the mountains.  I open up the drapes with Jeremiah every morning and say, "Good morning, Pikes Peak!  Pikes Peak says, 'Good morning, Jeremiah!'"  When the mountain is hidden by a storm brewing or the clouds coming in, Jeremiah says, "Pikes Peak Hide!"  Today is a beautiful, clear day, and I said, "Jeremiah, what does Pikes Peak say?" and he got all excited and said, "Moo moo My-mah! (translation: Good morning, Jeremiah)."  He always has a knack for putting a smile on my face. 

I took this picture this morning, the view from our kitchen window.

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me a passage from her daily devotion that made her think of me, and it's one I have reflected on every day since.

Psalm 121:1,2 - I lift my eyes up to the mountain - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  

I also like the next verse, especially when I can't sleep in the middle of the night.  Ps 121:3 - He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber.

It's funny how God will put the right people or the right words in your path right when you need it the most.  One thing I have learned recently is that He is always there, just waiting for us to notice Him.  Makes me wonder how many times have I been oblivious, completely missing Him when He was trying to tell me or show me something.  How encouraging to know that when I need Him the most is when He is standing closest to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment