Monday, April 2, 2012

Big Josh, Little Gus

Hmmm...not much to say today.  Big Josh (as his Uncle Joseph calls him) or Little Gus (as his Aunt Greta and Grandpa Gus call him) is doing well.  James was there for Joshua's 8:00 PM "cares," the hands-on time done every three hours where he get his diaper changed, temperature, feeding, etc.  That's my second (kangaroo care is first) favorite part of visiting Joshua.  I never thought I'd be so excited to change his diaper, but it is a special time I won't take for granted in the future since I usually only get to do it 2-3 times a day.  The daily weight is done at the 8 PM cares.  Here's the good/bad news tonight. 

Good: His bowels are working perfectly, and he had a nice poopy diaper for James. 
Bad: It was so good that the poop weighed 43 grams, and the weight is done after the diaper change.  So he lost 20 grams tonight, weighing in at 1750 grams or 3 lbs 13.7 ounces. 

I haven't mentioned this for a while now, but I am so thankful for all of the prayers and encouragement we are continuing to get from around the world.  Our journey has been going on for months now, and people are still standing by our side in support.  Thank you all so much!  We are still receiving meals three times a week, which is a huge blessing since I am usually in the NICU all afternoon until either supper time or Jeremiah's bedtime.  It takes a huge load off of me to not have to worry about when/how/what I'll cook for dinner. The past 2 weeks, we have received meals from people in our church who I didn't even know until now.  It amazes me how we are total strangers to them, but they still reach out to us with meals and prayer.  Wow.  Thank you, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment