Sunday, April 29, 2012

Brotherly Bonding...Take Two

We got a re-do on the brotherly love episode today, and it was a success.  It was so fun for me to have my parents bring Jeremiah in for another visit.  I have to admit it gets a little old after awhile, just hanging out in the NICU all day long.  This visit broke up the monotony perfectly.  We ate lunch together and took some pictures while Jeremiah fielded some phone calls for Joshua.  Then we went outside with Grandpa Gus.  I think I enjoyed the hospital playground as much as Jeremiah because it was an excuse to go play outside on a sunny day.  It was also fun for my mom to have some special time holding Joshua. That little charmer put on a good show for her with his alertness and smiles. 

The feeding sessions are improving.  He had three full breastfeeds with me today and a nearly full bottle feed  (38 out of 46 mL) with James tonight.  He gained another 30 grams (1 oz), up to 2360 grams or 5 lbs 3.3 oz.


Our future Olympian perfecting his bar routine.

Who will win the race down the slide?

"Hello, Doc Bales..."

Joshua already has Grandpa Gus wrapped around his little finger.

"Hi, Big Gus, I'm Little Gus!"


"Hey, Jeremiah...I caught a fish THIS big!"

Mommy and me

2 comments:

  1. Little Gus is so alert and so huge! I'm amazed at him. Love Jeremiah on the phone.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've been travelling for the past 2.5 weeks. I feel like I've missed out on so much! Look at this beautiful, beautiful wide-awake, happy baby! He looks incredible as do his brother, his Grandpa Gus, and especially and his mommy! Now that I'm back, let me know what I can do/ bring for you. Glad you got to enjoy the sunshine w/ Jeremiah today. Praying for lots more sunshine for you guys!

    ReplyDelete