Monday, April 23, 2012

Growing, Growing, Growing!

Joshua is feeling better today.  He had a big BM and then stopped fussing, so he seems a lot more comfortable.  Last night, he had a huge weight gain of 80 grams, up to 2140 grams or 4 lbs 11.5 oz!  I like those numbers, but I have a feeling that was all attributed to stool.

I wrote that paragraph earlier today and didn't get a chance to finish it until now.  He has had a good evening, too.  He breastfed for 22 minutes and guzzled like a champ.  My hunch about his weight gain was wrong.  He gained another 30 grams tonight, up to 2170 grams or 4 lbs 12.5 oz.  That's two nights in a row of solid growth!  Looks like the MCT oil is helping. 

I forgot to mention a couple of days ago that his hearing test was completely normal.  That's one more  potential preemie problem to cross of the list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment