Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fun Day At Home

Well, after 76 days in a row of going to the NICU, I took a mental health break today.  Yep, I played hookie.  James was able to go in, so I didn't feel too guilty.  Oh boy, was it good!  I had so much fun with Jeremiah.  This morning we went for a walk with some friends and had a big play date at the park with some ladies from my mom's group.  After that, I was able to get some cleaning done with my favorite little helper, something that would ordinarily be mundane but today was new and exciting because it was a glimpse of life getting back to normal.  We also made brownies together, which Jeremiah loved.  Then some other friends came over after James came home, and we all went on a hike up Mt. Herman, one of my favorite local hikes.  Yes I'm still very much out of shape, but I survived, in case you were wondering.  It was my first hike in at least five months.  Ok, I know you don't care to hear details of my boring, routine life, but that's what makes it so blog worthy: we are almost back into our boring, routine life!  Yes! 

Joshua did really well today. He is really tackling the bottle, and he's getting all the nutrition he needs. 
Last night, Joshua weighed in at 2815 grams, 6 lbs 3 oz.  He gained 25 g.  I'll have to post tonight's weight tomorrow.  I plan to room in tomorrow, so we'll see if I can handle him without the monitor and everything.  I think he'll be fine.  Tomorrow's lab (sodium level) determines if we go home Thursday or Monday.  It's best to just plan on Monday and be pleasantly surprised if it's Thursday.  We have the house ready, so if we find out at the last minute, I won't freak out this time. 

That's about it.  Good night.

3 comments:

  1. 76 days is amazing, Karrn! I feel like it's a grueling experience already and I'm only 10 days in. Good for you for taking care of yourself and enjoying some time with Jeremiah. Praying for Joshua and his discharge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day or 100, it's grueling at any length. Hang in there, Kara. Timothy is a fighter. Hopefully you will be going home soon. We're praying for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a roller coaster you all have been on! Praying that you will all be home together soon! - Amy Salzwedel

    ReplyDelete