Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  I'm so thankful God gave me the best mom in the world!  No offense to you other mothers; I'm sure you're pretty good, too.  But you can't top mine.  :) 

Today I was able to be with Joshua for three feedings.  Each one went very well, and he didn't need anything extra through his NG tube.  The plan is to reevaluate tomorrow, and if they are pleased with how he has done, he'll start another ad-lib demand trial, this time for 3 days instead of two, since he tuckered out after 52 hours last time.  I have a feeling we'll be home by the end of the week, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Last night Joshua gained 10 g, now up to 2810 g or 6 lbs 3 oz. I just called in, and he hasn't been weighed yet.  A volunteer cuddler was holding him. I'm so thankful for the volunteers.  What a great volunteer job to have, too!  The nurses have three babies each, and they are busy with nursing care, so they aren't able to give all of their attention to one baby.  It's nice to know people are available to just cuddle Joshua when he needs/wants attention, instead of just fussing alone in his crib when we're not there.  Hmmmm, I wonder if I could take one of those volunteers home with me when we go home?  :)


Today James and Jeremiah came to visit Joshua while I was there.  Believe it or not, it has taken almost 11 weeks, but we finally managed to get ONE picture of the four of us together.  That was one shot before Jeremiah squirmed away from us.  Between a two year old who has an aversion to cameras and a 32 year old who's even worse, it's a challenge for me to get a good photo.  You may have noticed how rare it is to see a picture of James in my blog. He does an amazing job hiding from me when I get the camera out.


Our only photo of us as a family of four. Jeremiah is in mid-squirm, trying to escape.


Joshua got his very own Mama Roo (left side of picture), just like the one he uses in the hospital (it's like a baby swing).  Jeremiah had fun playing in the packaging it came in.

3 comments:

  1. Another entertaining picture of Jeremiah in the NICU. He cracks me up. I agree Karrn, that you have the best mom in the world. I happen to have the best mom, too, guess we lucked out on that one. Happy Mother's day to you, New Mom! I'll try to connect with you soon,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the family pic! So cute. Happy Mother's Day to a great mom!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls. I think that you are both pretty special moms, too.
    I don't know why James is always so camera shy. I have never seen a bad picture of him yet.
    I have a good feeling about Joshua having it all together now, and that he'll soon be home. :)
    Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete